Immediate implant-supported full-arch hybrid prosthesis on an edentulous patient using a bar-retained overdenture in the mandible: Case Report.
AbstractThe hybrid prosthesis is a very predictable treatment option that allows patients to recover their oral functionality. It is a good alternative to conventional treatments and overdentures. The present report describes controlled an 80 year old female patient with controlled hypertension, who came for consultation with a bar overdenture with attachment holders on two external hexagonal dental implants; an immediate loading hybrid prosthesis was installed over four mandibular dental implants.
2. Patzelt SBM, Bahat O, Reynolds MA, Strub JR. The all-on-four treatment concept: a systematic review. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2014;16(6):836–55.
3. Heydecke G, Zwahlen M, Nicol A, Nisand D, Payer M, Renouard F, Grohmann P, Mühlemann S, Joda T. What is the optimal number of implants for fixed reconstructions: a systematic review. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2012;23 Suppl 6:217–28.
4. Weber H-P, Morton D, Gallucci GO, Roccuzzo M, Cordaro L, Grutter L. Consensus statements and recommended clinical procedures regarding loading protocols. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2009;24 Suppl:180–3.
5. Papaspyridakos P, Chen C-J, Chuang S-K, Weber H-P. Implant loading protocols for edentulous patients with fixed prostheses: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2014;29 Suppl:256–70.
6. Ozkomur A, Manfroi F. Multifunctional Guide for Implant Placement, Impressions, and an Occlusal Index for Fixed Complete Dentures. J Prosthodont. 2018;27(2):197–200.
7. Niedermaier R, Stelzle F, Riemann M, Bolz W, Schuh P, Wachtel H. Implant-Supported Immediately Loaded Fixed Full-Arch Dentures: Evaluation of Implant Survival Rates in a Case Cohort of up to 7 Years. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2017;19(1):4–19.
8. Wu X, Al-Abedalla K, Eimar H1, Arekunnath Madathil S, Abi-Nader S, Daniel NG, Nicolau B, Tamimi F. Antihypertensive Medications and the Survival Rate of Osseointegrated Dental Implants: A Cohort Study. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2016;18(6):1171–82.
9. Yildirim YD, Güncü GN, Galindo-Moreno P, Velasco-Torres M, Juodzbalys G, Kubilius M, Gervickas A, Al-Hezaimi K, Al-Sadhan R, Yilmaz HG, Asar NV, Karabulut E, Wang HL, Tözüm TF. Evaluation of mandibular lingual foramina related to dental implant treatment with computerized tomography: a multicenter clinical study. Implant Dent. 2014;23(1):57–63.
10. Limmer B, Sanders AE, Reside G, Cooper LF. Complications and patient-centered outcomes with an implant-supported monolithic zirconia fixed dental prosthesis: 1 year results. J Prosthodont. 2014;23(4):267–75.
The copyright of all the articles published in the J Oral Res. belongs to the Universidad de Concepción, Chile. All information about theJ Oral Res. is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License 3.0 and must be cited correctly.