Supervised tooth brushing with fluoride toothpaste: a preventive strategy to decrease dental caries among schoolchildren.
2. Elamin A, Garemo M, Gardner A. Dental caries and their association with socioeconomic characteristics, oral hygiene practices and eating habits among preschool children in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - the NOPLAS project. BMC Oral Health. 2018;18(1): 104.
3. Marinho VC, Higgins JP, Sheiham A, Logan S. Fluoride toothpastes for preventing dental caries in children and adolescents. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2003(1): CD002278.
4. Marinho VC, Worthington HV, Walsh T, Clarkson JE. Fluoride varnishes for preventing dental caries in children and adolescents. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013(7): CD002279.
5. Hilgert LA, Leal SC, Bronkhorst EM, Frencken JE. Long-term Effect of Supervised Toothbrushing on Levels of Plaque and Gingival Bleeding Among Schoolchildren. Oral Health Prev Dent. 2017;15(6): 537-42.
6. Clark E, Foster Page LA, Larkins K, Leon de la Barra S, Murray Thomson W. Caries-preventive efficacy of a supervised school toothbrushing programme in Northland, New Zealand. Community Dent Health. 2019;36(1): 9-16.
7. Borges-Yanez SA, Castrejon-Perez RC, Camacho MEI. Effect of a School-Based Supervised Tooth Brushing Program In Mexico City: A Cluster Randomized Intervention. J Clin Pediatr Dent. 2017;41(3): 204-13.
8. Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network. Dental interventions to prevent caries in children. (SIGN publication no. 138). 2020
9. Walsh T, Worthington HV, Glenny AM, Appelbe P, Marinho VC, Shi X. Fluoride toothpastes of different concentrations for preventing dental caries in children and adolescents. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010(1): CD007868.
10. Jackson RJ, Newman HN, Smart GJ, et al. The effects of a supervised toothbrushing programme on the caries increment of primary school children, initially aged 5-6 years. Caries Res. 2005;39(2): 108-15.
11. Steiner M, Helfenstein U, Menghini G. Effect of 1000 ppm relative to 250 ppm fluoride toothpaste. A meta-analysis. Am J Dent. 2004;17(2): 85-8.
12. Twetman S. Caries prevention with fluoride toothpaste in children: an update. Eur Arch Paediatr Dent. 2009;10(3): 162-7.
13. dos Santos AP, Nadanovsky P, de Oliveira BH. A systematic review and meta-analysis of the effects of fluoride toothpastes on the prevention of dental caries in the primary dentition of preschool children. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol. 2013;41(1): 1-12.
14. Walsh T, Worthington HV, Glenny AM, Marinho VC, Jeroncic A. Fluoride toothpastes of different concentrations for preventing dental caries. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2019;3: CD007868.
15. Kumar S, Tadakamadla J, Johnson NW. Effect of Toothbrushing Frequency on Incidence and Increment of Dental Caries: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. J Dent Res. 2016;95(11): 1230-6.
The copyright of all the articles published in the J Oral Res. belongs to the Universidad de Concepción, Chile. All information about theJ Oral Res. is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License 3.0 and must be cited correctly.