Smile Makeover by Veneers – Case Report.
AbstractCeramic veneers have evolved in the last few years as an aesthetic restoration in the field of aesthetic dentistry. It is a conservative option as compared to full coverage crowns for improving the patients smile. Ceramic veneers are widely used for smile designing in patients with fluorosis, midline diastema, hypoplastic teeth, and peg shape laterals. Clinical relevance: This article highlights the smile designing of a young patient with fluorosis using ceramic veneers, which not only improves the smile of the patient but has positive psychological benefits.
2. Den Bestan PK. Dental fluorosis: its use as a biomarker. Adv Dent Res. 1994;8(1):105-10
3. Akpata ES. Occurrence and management of dental fluorosis. Int Dent J. 2001; 51: 325–33
4. Denbesten P, Li W. Chronic fluoride toxicity: dental fluorosis. Monogr Oral Sci. 2011; 22: 81–96.
5. Fejerskov O, Larsen MJ, Richards A, Baelum V. Dental tissue effects of fluoride. Adv Dent Res. 1994;8(1):15–31
6. Kim J, Chu S, Gürel G, Cisneros G. Restorative space management: Treatment planning and clinical considerations for insufficient space. Pract Proced Aesthet Dent. 2005;17:19–25
7. McLaren EA, WhitemanYY. Ceramics: rationale for material selection. Compend Contin Edu Dentl. 2010:31(9):666-8.
8. McLaren EA, LeStage B. Feldspathic veneers: what are their indications? Compend Contin Edu Dent. 20ll;32(3):44-9.
9. Radz GM. Minimum thickness anterior porcelain restorations. Dent Clin.North Am. 20II;55(2):353-70.
10. Calamia JR, Calamia CS Porcelain laminate veneers: reasons for 25 years of success. Dent Clin N Am. 2007:51:399-417.
11. Donovan T. Factors essential for successful all-ceramic restorations. J Am Dent Assoc. 2008;Suppl I39:I4S-I8S.
12. Spear FM, Kokich VG, Mathews DP. Interdisciplinary management of anterior dental aesthetics. J Am Dent Assoc. 2006;137:160–9.
13. Dua VS, Brar LS. Beauty in a smile: How to perceive it? Int J Contemp Dent. 2011;2:149–54
14. Pontes DG, Correa KM, Cohen-Carneiro F. Re-establishing esthetics of fluorosis-stained teeth using enamel microabrasion and dental bleaching techniques. Eur J Esthet Dent 2012;7:130-7
15. Celik E, Tildiz G, Yazkan B. Comparison of enamel microabrasion with a combined approach to the esthetic management of fluorosed teeth. Oper Dent. 2013;38:e134-43
16. Knösel M, Attin R, Becker K, Attin T. A randomized CIE lab evaluation of external bleaching therapy effects on fluorotic enamel stains. Quintessence Int. 2008;39(5):391-9.
17. Soares CJ, Soares PV, Pereira JC, Fonseca RB. Surface treatment protocols in the cementation process of ceramic and laboratory-composite restorations: a literature review. J Esthet Restor Dent. 2005;17(4):224-35.
18. Spear F. Holloway J. Which all-ceramic system is optimal for anterior for anterior esthetics? J Am Dent Assoc. 2008;139 Suppl:19S-24S.
19. Guess PC, Schultheis S, Bonfante EA. Coelho PG. Ferencz J, Silva NRFA. All ceramic systems: laboratory and clinical performance. Dent Clin North Am. 2011:55(2):333-52.
20. Giordano R. McLaren EA. Ceramics overview: classification by microstructure and processing methods. Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2010;31(9):682-4
21. Kelly JR. Benett P. Ceramic materials in dentistry: historical evolution and current practice. Aust Dent J. 2011;56 Suppl 1:84-96.
22. Pierre L, Cobb DS. Enhancement of aesthetic treatment planning and communication using a diagnostic mock-up. Cosmetic Dent. 2012:20–4.
23. Della Bona A. Bonding to Ceramics. Scientific Evidences for Clinical Dentistry. Sao Paulo: Artes Medicas: 2009
24. Korkut B, Yanıkoğlu F, Günday M. Direct Composite Laminate Veneers: Three Case Reports. J Dent Res Dent Clin Dent Prospects. 2013;7(2):105-11.
25. Beier US, Kapferer I, Burtscher D, Dumfahrt H. Clinical performance of porcelain laminate veneers for up to 20 years. Int J Prosthodont. 2012;25(1):79–85.
26. Aljazairy YH. Management of fluorosed teeth using porcelain veneers: a six-year recall case report. Saudi Dent J. 2001;13:106–113
27. Sherwood IA. Fluorosis varied treatment options. J Conservative Dent. 2010;13(1):47–53.
28. Peumans M, Van Meerbeek, Lambrechts P, Vanherle G. Porcelain veneers: a review of the literature. J Dent. 2000;28: 163–77
29. Ermis RB, De Munck, Cardoso MV, Coutinho E, Van Landuyt, Poitevin A, et al. Bonding to ground versus unground enamel in fluorosed teeth. Dent Mater. 2007; 23:1250–125.
30. Weerasinghe DS, Nikaido T, Wettasinghe KA, Abayakoon JB, Tagami J. Micro-shear bond strength and morphological analysis of a self-etching primer adhesive system to fluorosed enamel. J Dent. 2005; 33: 419–26.
The copyright of all the articles published in the J Oral Res. belongs to the Universidad de Concepción, Chile. All information about theJ Oral Res. is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License 3.0 and must be cited correctly.