Tensile and transverse strength of novel copolymers for denture base.
AbstractObjectives: Compare tensile and transverse strength of new copolymers for denture base. Materials and methods: The specimens were prepared from heat cured acrylic resin with three types of additives: Acryester B, Ethoxycarbonylethylene, and Propenoic acid at a percentage of 5% and 10%. The tensile and transverse strains were tested, recorded and compared. Results: The analysis of variance display statistically significant difference. The p-value was 0.001 for each of tensile and transverse strain tests. Conclusions: The tensile strength of the novel copolymers increased. The transverse strength of some of the novel copolymers increased.
2. Durkan R, Oyar P. Comparison of mechanical and dynamic mechanical behaviors of different dental resins polymerized by different polymerization techniques. Niger J Clin Pract. 2018;2:1144-9.
3. Abdallah RM. Evaluation of poly methyl methacrylate resin mechanical properties with incorporated halloysite nanotubes. J Adv Prosthodont. 2016;8:167-71.
4. Gad MM, Fouda1 SM, Al-Harbi1 FA, Näpänkangas R, Raustia A. PMMA denture base material enhancement: a review of fiber, filler, and nanofiller addition. International J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3801–12.
5. Ghahremani L, Shirkavand S, Akbari F, Sabzikari N. Tensile strength and impact strength of color modified acrylic resin reinforced with titanium di¬oxide nanoparticles. J Clin Exp Dent. 2017;9(5):661-5.
6. Yoshida K, Takahashi Y, Sasaki H, Hamanaka I, Kawaguchi T. Flexural strengths of reinforced denture base resins subjected to long-term water immersion. Acta Biomater Odontol Scand. 2016;2(1):20–4.
7. Basavarajappa S, Alkheraif AA, Alhijji SM, Matinlinna JP, Vallittu PK. Effect of ethanol treatment on mechanical properties of heat-polymerized poly methyl methacrylate denture base polymer. Dent Mater J. 2017;36(6):834–41.
8. Ozkir SE, Yilmaz B, Unal SM, Culhaoglu A, Kurkcuoglu I. Effect of heat polymerization conditions and microwave on the flexural strength of poly methyl methacrylate. Eur J Dent. 2018;12:116-9.
9. Cierech M, Osica I, Kolenda A, Wojnarowicz J, Szmigiel D, Łojkowski W, Kurzydłowski K, Ariga K, Nastalska E. Mechanical and Physicochemical Properties of Newly Formed ZnO-PMMA Nanocomposites for Denture Bases. Nanomaterials. 2018;8:305.
10. Gad M, Abualsaud R, Rahoma A, Al-Thobity AM, Al-Abidi KS, Akhtar S. Effect of zirconium oxide nanoparticles addition on the optical and tensile properties of poly methyl methacrylate denture base material. Int J Nanomedicine. 2018;13:283–92.
The copyright of all the articles published in the J Oral Res. belongs to the Universidad de Concepción, Chile. All information about theJ Oral Res. is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License 3.0 and must be cited correctly.